Security is a very important subject especially related to social networks.
You should not underestimante all the risks, especially caused by bad practices of Facebook users, that can compromise own profile.
Here some simple suggestions recommanded to all Facebook users.
– Don’t open videos (or better to say fake videos) that try to capture your attention (if you are tagged simply ignore them). They can lead you to sites containing malware or they can induce you download some dangerous software.
– Always log out. Don’t forget to log out if there is potential for someone else to use the same device.
– Always check to use HTTPS protocol.
– Enable Login Notifications: go to your Security Settings, click on the Login Notifications section, check the box next to the type of alerts you’d like to receive and save your changes.
In this way an alert will be sent each time someone logs into your account from a new place.
– Change privacy settings about display your e-mail address in your profile if they are set to Public.
– Use a strong password.
– Enable Login Approvals (you can find it in Security Settings). Turning it on you will be asked to enter a special code each time you try to access your Facebook account from a new place.
– Don’t access Facebook from unknown/untrusted devices (eg. Internet points).
– Use a secure browser (eg. Google Chrome) and check that is always updated.
– Don’t use suspicious apps (some Facebook applications can capture personal info without your knowledge).
– Don’t submit your login data outside the “official” Facebook login form.
– Do not share or save your Facebook password.
– Always check the URL when you are logging in. Phishing scams are often executed with a fake login page that appears identical to the actual Facebook login page.
Support This Site
If you like what I do please support me on Ko-fi