AOMEI has recently released a new product, Data Backuper, an easy-to-use and free backup and recovery software for Windows system – Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 R2, and Server 2012 (32bit and 64bit) are supported.
– system backup: one-click back up all data of system drive without interrupting system run
– disk backup: backup your hard disk drives including MBR disk, GPT disk, external hard drive, USB disk, and other storage devices that can be recognized by Windows
– partition and volume backup: If you just want to backup a partition or volume, not the entire disk
– system recovery: easily and quickly restore system partition and ensure system bootable after completing the recovery process
– disk and partition recovery: reliably recover the whole hard disk drive, partition or dynamic volume to original state
– selective file restore: selectively restore individual files and folders from a backup image file without recovering the entire backup
– disk clone: directly copy one hard drive to another without creating an image file (traditional hard drives and SSD are supported)
– partition and volume clone: directly create an exact duplication of partition or dynamic volume and exactly transfer it to another partition or volume
– incremental and differential backups: you can perform these backup types to save time without the need to do a full backup
– encryption and compression: you can protect your backups with password and you can choose to compress them to use less disk space
– image file checker and explorer: check data integrity of image files; mount image files to a virtual partition so that you can browse the contents of the backups in Windows Explorer
– comment backups and splitting backups: add descriptive comments to your backups; split backup an image file into proper sizes to fit storage media
– create bootable rescue media: you can create a bootable media (e.g. CD or USB media) to restore system drive on the condition that Windows can not boot
Calibre is a free multiplatform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) software that allows to manage own ebooks collections. It has an easy interface so it’s simple to use.
The program menu allows to do various tasks:
Add books allows to import ebooks stored in your pc and various extensions are supported (EPUB, MOBI, PDF, AZW etc…) and comics too (CBR, CBZ, CBC)
Edit metadata allows to edit ebooks metadata (title, author, cover, etc…)
Convert books allows to convert imported ebooks in other formats by specifying the output (many extensions supported such EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, PDF, RTF, TXT etc…). In the conversion windows you can also specify many other options.
View it shows ebook content, you can increase/decrease font, place bookmarks, print, etc…
Get books perform search in commercial and public ebooks sites
Remove books it allows to delete previously added ebooks
x ebooks show you the total number of ebooks actually in your Calibre library
Save to disk it allows to save the ebooks of your library in any folder of your pc
Preferences where you can change the program’s settings
Calibre is like a kind of iTunes for ebooks. During installation the setup asks a path where will store all the info (Calibre metadata and database).
You can find that ebooks are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management), most common protections are Kindle ebooks DRM, Adobe Digital Editions DRM and Barnes & Noble ebooks.
Within Calibre and using some plugins you can remove these protections.
Download DRM Removal Tools for Ebooks zip package and decompress in a folder you like. From Calibre preferences click Plugin then load plugin from file. Point to the Calibre_plugins folder and choose a zip, then confirm the installation. Repeat these steps for every zip.
Now if you import DRMed ebooks in Calibre the protection will be automatically removed and they can be converted.
Note: to read ebooks protected by Adobe DRM you need to download and installa Adobe Digital Edition free software, some online book stores allows to download directly the EPUB ebooks, other ones provides an .acsm file that, once opened with Adobe Digital Edition, allows the download of the buyed ebook.
Once opened with Adobe Digital Edition, the ebook is stored inside Documents->My Digital Editions.
NirSoft develop many free utilities for Windows, here is a list of the best ones:
Wireless Network Watcher scans your wireless network and displays the list of all computers and devices that are currently connected to your network
WirelessKeyView recovers all wireless network security keys/passwords (WEP/WPA) stored in your computer
ProduKey recover Product ID e key of Microsoft Office (2003/2007), Windows (Vista and 7 included), Exchange Server and SQL Server
CurrPorts display TCP/UDP ports currently in use by programs and processes
WebVideoCap captures Flash videos and RTSP/MMS streams to watch them later
RTMPDumpHelper it allows to capture and download audio/video RTMP streams
SearchMyFiles it extends stadard files search feature in Windows
RunAsDate it allows to run a program within a specific date/time
In: giveaway7 Dec 2012
Tenorshare Video Converter Ultimate is the all in one solution for audio and video conversion. Within its easy to use interface it allows audio and video formats conversion in few steps.
– high speed conversion by booting with NVIDIA CUDATM, AMD and Intel Core
– multiple formats supported including AVI, DivX, Xvid, VOB, MOV, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, RMVB, RM, MPG, MP4, 3GP, MP3, WMA, OGG, M4A, HD video, Blu-ray video and more
– powerful video editing and setting features (crop video screen size, set start and end time, insert watermarks, adjust brightness, contrast and saturation, set different video and audio parameters like audio and video encoder, resolution/frame rate/bit rate ecc…)
– convert video for various devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP,Zune, Zen, PS3 (HD support), XBox (HD support), Nintendo, mobiles). Manage digital camera or camcorder videos including AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD, AVI HD, TOD/MOD, M2TS/MTS, etc…
– rip DVD movie to other video formats and edit the original DVD video and the edited one side by side
The software is compatible with Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 7.
Tenorshare has been kind enough to offer us 5 licenses of Video Converter Ultimate to be given away to Simo blog readers.
In order to partecipate to the contest and have chance to win follow carefully the rules, good luck!
Simo blog respects your privacy: your email and Twitter/Facebook account addresses will not be used for any other purposes.